Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone! 

Updates will be on hold for a few days while I enjoy Christmas and get started on my new job. But please stay tuned, there are going to be lots of exciting things happening here on Princess Cupcake in the new year.

To tide you over until then, here are a few pictures of some winter themed cakes I made.


These are the cupcakes I made as gifts for my family this year. They are spiced buttermilk sponges, topped with a vanilla buttercream. They have been decorated with royal icing snowflakes, snowflake sprinkles and my usual sprinkle of edible glitter.
I'm pretty proud of these, this was the first time I've ever worked with royal icing. Sadly the lighting in this picture does not show the buttercream to it's best advantage, it's actually a lovely minty green colour. However it's been very grey here in England these last few days which has made photography a challenge.


And these cupcakes were presents for my housemates last year, these are actually the same buttermilk sponges as this year. These ones have been iced with blue water icing, with piped snowflakes, more of the snowflake sprinkles and edible glitter. Please excuse the fact I put them back into the bun tin for photography, I can actually remember why I did. 


And finally this cake was made for a friend of mine a couple of years ago. This is a chocolate sponge, sandwiched and topped with vanilla buttercream (actually this is pretty much the colour of this years cupcakes!). It has been decorated with yet more snowflake sprinkles, silver balls, a dusting of icing sugar and a touch of edible glitter.

Can you tell that I like snowflakes? And glitter?
Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...