Monday 1 October 2012

Monday Recipe: Apple and Cinnamon Flapjack

Sadly I ran out of natural light today so these haven't been photographed yet. Hopefully I shall be able to tomorrow and will update this entry then! (This is entirely dependent on the flapjack making it through the night!)
One of the best things about Graze boxes is the range of flapjacks they offer, the best of which has to be the apple and cinnamon flapjack. This recipe is my attempt to recreate my favourite snack!
You want to use a good brown sugar for this, it really adds to the flavour. I normally use Demerara sugar but soft brown sugar (light or dark) work equally well so use whichever sugar you prefer. I don’t suggest using fresh apple in this recipe; I think it would go rather sloppy and make a rather wet flapjack. Try and find dried apple, I found this in Asda quite cheaply but be warned that it might not be sold under the name dried apple. When I brought mine it was being sold as “baked apple”.
Ingredients
120g/4oz brown sugar
120g/4oz butter
170g/6oz rolled oats
1 tbsp (approx) golden syrup
25g/1oz of dried apple, chopped
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Method
Preheat the oven to gas mark 2 /150 C and line a 17cm square tin with baking paper. In a pan melt together the sugar, butter and golden syrup. Once they have melted together add in the oats, apple and cinnamon. Mix well and press firmly into the tin. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown, leave to cool in the tin. While the flapjack is still warm cut it into as many pieces as you want.
These quantities work in bigger baking pans, however if you use a much bigger tin I would suggest either doubling the quantities or using 1 and half times the quantities. (So 9oz of oats instead of 6oz)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...