Tuesday 30 October 2012

Snapshots- Halloween Treats


Snapshots –Halloween Treats
This post is something new I’ve decided to do, basically it’s just a random collection of pictures of bakes I’ve done at some point. These posts probably won’t happen very often but when I do post them I’ll try and keep all the images related to a particular theme, so to get the ball rolling on this new series let’s start with some Halloween bakes!
This post will be a bit short as I generally don’t do much Halloween themed baking since I don’t really bother with it, so most of these bakes are actually for parties that I was forced to attend.

In preparation for my review of the book “A Zombie Ate my Cupcake” I decided to try out one of the tutorials in it. As I’ve been keen to try making meringue frosting I decided to give the Ghost Cupcakes a whirl. These little guys were the result! The recipe was such fun to make, even if the meringue was really sticky! After I took this picture the icing I used for the faces melted a little in the heat of the kitchen, so the sad looking one on the top right now looks like it’s crying! Poor little guy! It wasn't until later that I noticed one of the spider biscuits had lost an eye, poor critter looks like he's had a terrible accident.
The following cakes were baked with my friends as our contribution to the catering of a Halloween party out housemates were throwing.

This was a yoghurt cake covered in water icing and an albino spider, designed to look like a gravestone. The cake turned out to be a bit more crumbly than we expected but I thought that looked good as it make the gravestone look weathered and old.

And now a selection of cupcakes, these ones were chocolate orange flavour. I mostly like the colour of the icing on these.

A selection of albino spiders...

And finally our “radiation” cakes, I honestly can’t remember what flavour cakes these were, probably chocolate. The design was loosely based on the hazard symbol for radiation and was created using the same chocolate dots used on the spiders.
Oh and because I had so much fun making them here is another picture of my Halloween fondant fancies.

That’s all for now I’m afraid; I really don’t do much Halloween themed baking the next snapshots should hopefully be much longer!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...