Tuesday 12 March 2013

Snapshots: Lord of the Rings

So it's time for another edition of snapshots and this one continues in my nerdy theme.
Out of boredom at the weekend I decided to make and decorate some muffins and figured that a Lord of the Rings inspired design would be cute. So here are some slightly nerdy chocolate and ginger muffins.


This one is called "A Shortcut to Mushrooms". It features a pale green meringue frosting and adorable little sugarpaste mushrooms (made out of leftover grey from the Companion Cube cake).
I think these are really cute, but next time I make them I need to make a better coloured frosting, it needs to be more grass like in colour. I'll also make more mushrooms in different sizes and perhaps some little daisies just to add a hint of colour into the design. 


And these are called "One Ring to Rule Them All" (V1). Like the mushrooms these also have meringue frosting, and sugarpaste rings. The rings were made of yellow sugarpaste which I then brushed with gold luster dust. 
These are called V1 because me and my mum thought up a much cooler way to do this design, which I will get round to making soon. 

I'm so happy that these came out ok, I have so many other awesome ideas for nerdy cakes (mostly LOTR at the moment) that I can't wait to get started on! And before I forget, just wanted to say, chocolate and ginger muffins? Not that nice, I think they would have been better if they only needed powdered ginger. The addition of stem ginger in syrup is a bit much in my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...