Friday 17 May 2013

Snapshots: Rose Birthday

Wow I have just noticed that Princess Cupcake's Cakes has had over 2000 page views! That is a thousand hits in about 3 months! Thank you so much everyone!

And now onto some real content, here is one of my latest bakes. This cake was made especially for my mum for her birthday last week

Nothing too fancy as I was rather busy last week, this was actually decorated while I was cooking a big family dinner for 6 people!!! (I'm not very good at cooking for more than 4 people normally, though I did cook for 10 very hungry archaeologists once). But this is the first use of my heart shaped, silicone cake pan that I picked up around Valentines. It's a cute mold but despite being thoroughly greased the cake stuck slightly on the bottom, not sure why.

It's a chocolate cake covered with Betty Crocker cream cheese style icing (like I said I was busy, I didn't have time to make frosting!) I then carefully piped the lettering and hearts with one of those little icing tubes you can buy in the supermarkets. The hearts were then filled in with pink edible glitter and the cake finished off with some beautiful dried rose petals and candied rose petals (the pink bits) that I have lurking in my sprinkle stash.

Mum loved it and my grandparents were pretty impressed too, I hope you my lovely readers like it to.

Next week I have a new recipe coming up and some other exciting goodies. Game of Thrones is involved ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...