Monday 16 July 2012

Monday Recipe: Apple and Blackberry Cupcakes

Opps, late post. I wrote this post but forgot to schedule it!
Normally I try and keep my fruit cupcakes seasonal as I prefer to use British fruit, but as I have lots of cupcake recipes but not many photographed examples for the moment we’ll go with what I have until I have time to make some more! So for today we have a slightly unseasonal recipe, apple and blackberry cupcakes.
This recipe is designed for use in a cupcake maker but can easily be cooked in the oven and will make approx 6 fairy sized cakes. It can however easily be scaled up. When I make them in the cupcake maker these cakes usually come out a pretty purple colour, so bear that in mind if you make them in the oven!
Sorry for recycling the picture.
The ones with pink sugar are raspberry and white chocolate.
Ingredients
50g/2 oz butter or margarine
50g/2oz caster sugar
50g/2oz self-rising flour, sifted
1 egg
2-3 tbsp blackberry puree
1 small eating apple, chopped
Method:
Cream together the butter and sugar then beat in the egg.  Fold in the flour and carefully mix in the apple pieces and blackberry puree.
Divide between 6 cake cases and then bake in the cupcake maker for approximately 10 minutes or in the oven at Gas 4/180 C for about 15 minutes. The cakes are ready when a skewer inserted into the thickest part of the cake comes out clean!
Leave on a wire rack to cool.
These cakes are lovely as is, but I like to top mine with some vanilla butter cream and a couple of whole blackberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...