Monday 2 July 2012

Welcome


Hi and welcome to the launch of Princess Cupcake!
Over the last couple of years I’ve become quite dedicated to cake baking as a hobby and as such feel that now is a good time in my life to start to properly document my cake making adventures.  This has lead to a lot of picture spamming on Facebook and the birth of Princess Cupcake the Blog! The layout round here will probably be a little wonky while I learn my way round Blogger.
I intend to fill this blog with pictures of my cakes and other baking. I’ll also be sharing some recipes and reviewing everything from books to equipment, in addition to some baking related rambling. So before we get going I’d just like to explain the schedule I intend to work to. The current plan is to post at least one recipe or review per week, recipes will be posted on Mondays and reviews on Fridays. Any ramble posts should go up on a Wednesday.
As a general rule I will not post any recipe that I have taken from a book unless it has been heavily adapted, but any cakes I do make using a book recipe will include a full reference to the relevant book. I will however share recipes taken from magazines. Review posts will include shopping links for the book or product that I am reviewing and unless otherwise noted all pictures posted on this blog belong to me. So please do not use them without my permission.
Oh and before I forget, a couple of notes regarding measurements and ingredients. Oven temperatures will be given in Gas Mark and Centigrade, while ingredient measurements will be given in Grams (g) and Ounces (oz). So if you don’t use these systems please use your preferred converter. I normally don’t use measuring cups but if I do I will make sure to specify if the original recipe uses American or Australian cups as I have discovered that American and Australian cups are actually slightly different sizes! I use UK Large size eggs and self-rising flour. If you use baking powder and plain flour please substitute following the instructions on your baking powder!
Right I think that’s everything, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...