Tuesday 26 February 2013

Storage Solutions: Cake Cases

When decorating cupcakes I love to get everything to match a theme, which is why I now have a huge collection of sprinkles and paper cases. This would be fine if I had tons of space to store them all, but sadly I don’t.
This is just a selection of my cake case collection.
I have loads more pretty ones lurking
It’s easy enough to store cases that come in handy plastic tubs since they can easily be stacked in a corner or something. The problem is all the cases that come attached to cardboard backing sheets or in plastic bags usually with some cake toppers! Well to deal with these pesky sets I’ve been a bit creative.


By using an old jam and Kilner jar I’ve hit upon a handy storage solution! The jam jar is the perfect size to hold cake toppers, and the Kilner jar is big enough to hold all those cake cases that don’t have plastic tubs. Now all my extras are safe from damage, much easier to store (this takes up a fraction of the space they previously needed) and displayed prettily (it’s a shame to hide away all those lovely designs)! And as an added bonus storing them like this is a great way to recycle old jar, so Eco points as well as creativity points! All I need now are some pretty labels for each jar and maybe some ribbon?

Now I just need to figure out what to do about my sprinkles stash...
So how do you store your cake cases? If anyone does anything like this please tell me about it in the comments, I’d love to see pictures J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...